The Law Offices of Timothy D. Ducar, PLC has focused on all issues that can arise on a construction project. If you are a project owner, general contractor, subcontractor or material supplier, we have the knowledge to help with any issue that may arise. Mr. Ducar and the attorneys who work with him are experienced in handling and resolving:
- Arizona Registrar of Contractors Matters: If you are a contractor with a complaint against it through the Arizona Registrar of Contractors, you must make certain that the matter is handled correctly or you jeopardize losing your livelihood. If you are the complaining party, you probably have been harmed by a contractor who needs to be held accountable. If you are a homeowner who has been harmed by a contractor, you may be entitled to payment from the contractor’s residential license bond or from the Registrar’s Recovery Fund. Regardless of the issue, we are able to represent you. And because the Arizona Registrar of Contractors is continually updating its processes and mindset, you need an attorney who is current with the state of affairs of the Arizona Registrar of Contractors. The attorneys at the Law Office of Timothy D. Ducar, PLC keep up with the Registrar’s changes to the Registrar’s current policies and mindset to make certain they can most effectively protect your rights.
- ADOSH Issues: If you are a contractor that has been cited by The Arizona Department of Occupational Safety and Health (“ADOSH”), you may have exposure to penalties that can cripple your business. The attorneys with The Law Offices of Timothy D. Ducar, PLC can defend your business from these citations. The results that Mr. Ducar has obtained in defending ADOSH citations have been substantially more favorable than the penalties initially imposed by ADOSH.
- Mechanic’s Liens: Often, there is no better way to get someone’s attention than to foreclose on their residence or their commercial building. The attorneys at The Law Offices of Timothy D. Ducar, PLC regularly foreclose on mechanic’s liens, which either cause the property owner or the contractor to pay, or cause the property to be sold, with the proceeds given to you. Either way, we can execute on this powerful remedy to get you paid.
- Payment Bonds: Payment bond claims are ways to get you paid from a bonding company that has hundreds of millions of dollars to pay out on valid claims. Your valid payment bond claim is often easy to get paid. Also, when we make a claim upon a payment bond, it will affect the ability of a contractor to get bonding in the future, and the contractor will ultimately owe the bonding company reimbursement for the funds it paid out. As a result, payment bonds are not only powerful remedies, but get the attention of the contractor.
- Arizona Residential License Bond: You may be entitled to payment directly from the Arizona Registrar of Contractors. We often make claims against contractors’ license bonds, receiving payouts of funds directly from the bonding company of the contractor, to give the funds to you.
- Arizona Recovery Fund: If you are a homeowner harmed by a contractor, you may be entitled to payment directly from the Arizona Registrar of Contractors for the value of the damage caused by the contractor. We prosecute these types of claims as well.