The Law Offices of Timothy D. Ducar, PLC is where you should turn when you have exhausted all avenues for solving your business disputes amicably. We understand that by the time you resort to looking for an attorney, you have had enough. You are either owed money that should have been paid weeks or months prior, or you have been served with a lawsuit you believe is lacking merit. Either way, you need immediate, effective legal assistance. When clients retain the firm to initiate legal action, we typically file a Complaint in court within two business days. We then actively move the lawsuit through the court process as quickly as possible. If defending, we make certain that our clients are protected at all times.
Examples of business disputes that the firm undertakes include:
- Breach of Contract: The term breach of contract is very broad, and includes any time a company or a person enters into an agreement to do something and that company or person does not live up to that agreement. Sometimes, there may be a good reason for this, and sometimes, there may not be. At the Law Offices of Timothy D. Ducar, PLC, we handle all types of contract disputes, applying the facts of our clients’ particular situation to the law that applies, and then providing our clients clear advice on their rights. If litigation is necessary, we will initiate or defend our clients aggressively.
- Employment Agreements: At the Law Offices of Timothy D. Ducar, PLC, we analyze and litigate employment agreements. Often, these employment agreements will include Non-Compete clauses. At the Law Offices of Timothy D. Ducar, PLC, we closely analyze Non-Compete clauses to determine the chances that they will be upheld. This also includes the payment of commissions.
- Vehicle Purchase Agreements: At the Law Offices of Timothy D. Ducar, PLC, we litigate agreements to purchase heavy construction equipment (for example, front end loaders), airplanes, motorhomes and cars.
- Franchise Agreements: At the Law Offices of Timothy D. Ducar, PLC, we carefully analyze the validity of franchise agreements and, when necessary, litigate them to protect our clients’ rights.
- Rental Agreements: At the Law Offices of Timothy D. Ducar, PLC, we litigate rental agreements of all types, from real property such as houses and apartments, to billboards, to rent-to-own agreements.
- Crop Agreements: We also litigate disputes between growers and purchasers of crops.
- Piracy Matters: At times, an owner of a restaurant may display a pay-per-view sporting event in his or her restaurant without paying the licensing fee for the broadcast. At the Law Offices of Timothy D. Ducar, PLC, we have defended numerous restaurants, and their owners, in lawsuits brought by the owners of these licenses, in which the license owner had demanded hundreds of thousands of dollars in royalty fees.
- Receivers: Mr.Ducar has agreed to act as a Receiver of businesses, as well as filed paperwork in Court to have requests for others to be appointed as Receivers approved.